25 April, 2008

Got a check flight today

It's been a while since I was up in a plane (either commercial or GA) so the guys down at the airfield have decided I need a check flight before I hire one of their PA28's today.

I've never had a check flight before but I assume it's sitting in with an instructor, doing a circuit or two and making sure you remember to do the right things at the right time in the right order.

Hopefully they'll then let me loose with a plane and I can go off into the wild blue yonder. I'm looking to go out over Wiltshire and North Berkshire today, specifically Avebury and the stone circles there with a routing back over Stonehenge. It's interesting because the Avebury is right on the edge of the Lyneham CTA and Stonehenge is surrounded by danger areas. Should make for an interesting flight.

Apture